5th Edition touring map  [Latest]: Scale 1:200 000 [5cm = 10km] WATERPROOF
25% OFF DURING LEVEL 3
South African addressees only; Courier delivery only
Brand new fully-revised 5th Edition of this great map : for 15 years the best and only detailed touring map of the Wild Coast!
This map can also be purchased as a part of two SPECIALS – our great COMPLETE TOURING MAPS Special or our FIVE x FOUR x FOUR Holiday Package.
NOTE: All specials are ONLY available for shipping WITHIN South Africa
If you prefer to purchase from a Retail Outlet near you, go HERE and search for your nearest shop.
The Wild Coast is a wilderness paradise, strewn with natural wonders. Over one hundred lagoons thread this romantic coast, pristine beaches await fishermen, surfers and holiday makers; mighty waterfalls plunge directly into the sea, rivers gouge deep secret valleys into this heartland of South Africa’s history. Birthplace and resting place of Nelson Rolihlahla Mandela, this extraordinary landscape is where visions were dreamed, battles fought, ships came to dramatic ends.
The fifth edition of our Wild Coast map is bigger and better than ever. The fully-revised map now includes larger insets of some important areas, as well as distance charts for coastal hikers, with the estuary-to-estuary distances down the length of the coast, from Port Edward to East London, amongst many other updates.
This is the first and still the ONLY detailed map ever produced for the area; may it help you to discover the Wild Coast wilderness.
I was lucky enough to be given a copy of your amazing Wild Coast map while in the Wild Coast during my 19-week bicycle tour around the border of South Africa and I have nothing but praise for it. Once I got my hands on it, it made getting around the Wild Coast a breeze. No stress about getting lost which meant more time just enjoying the scenery. Without this map I would probably still be lost back there. Thanks for saving my ass and making that section of my trip a memorable one. -- Clinton Jones
Our full-relief map covers, at a scale of 1:200 000, the great 300km sweep of the Transkei Wild Coast, from East London in the south to Port Edward in the north. It covers the whole area from the coast to the N2 as far north as Mthatha, including the mighty Bawa Falls, the unbelievable Collywobbles, and the Mandela Museum at Qunu. The complex geography of the Wild Coast has always made access difficult – this is the map that has been designed to make exploration possible.
Our Wild Coast Map is dedicated to the memory of the late Gavin Stewart, who initiated the mapping project in 2005
Special navigation features include –
- All roads from National Highways to minor gravel roads: 10 classifications that indicate the quality of each road, helping you to plan your route
- Distances clearly shown between road-junctions, and GPS coordinates for every road-junction
- Specific landmarks in a land where road-signs are few and far between. These landmarks include schools, clinics, stores, radio masts and all the police stations, with their telephone numbers
- The very latest information about the route of the N2 Toll Road
- The Nelson Mandela Legacy Bridge and the tarred road to Mvelo is shown
- All tourism accommodation, as well as the telephone numbers
A large range of facilities from hiking opportunities to horse riding, mountain biking, surfing, fishing etc.
- Nearly one hundred shipwrecks, many with brief notes about what happened there
- The size of the catchments of the major rivers, as well as the heights of selected waterfalls.
- Important battlefields from the wars of the 19th Century.
- A1 double-sided full colour map
- Scale 1:200 000 (5cm = 10km)
- 20m contours; relief shading; height shading
- 1' Long/Lat grid
- Coords in DD MM SS format at every road-junction
- WATERPROOF and TEAR RESISTANT in plastic sleeve
- ISBN 978-1-920377-41-0