2nd Edition hiking maps: two-map set. Scale 1:40 000 [2.5cm = 1km]. WATERPROOF
Our ‘Hike the Cederberg’ map can also be purchased in a two map SPECIAL that includes our touring map of the greater Cederberg area [north to Nieuwoudtville/Loeriesfontein and south to Piketberg/Op-die-Berg].
NOTE: The two map special is ONLY available for shipping WITHIN South Africa
HIKE THE CEDERBERG: There are two double‑sided A1-sized maps in the set (i.e. four maps in all), covering the entire Cederberg Wilderness and extending north to Wolfdrif and south to Mount Ceder. The maps are printed on Duraflex waterproof material and are packaged together in a folding slipcase. The maps are not available separately.
More than a hundred hikers, mountaineers, conservationists and locals have contributed their special knowledge to the project, which has been proudly endorsed by CapeNature. Every single public footpath has been researched on foot, and the maps include distances between path junctions, as well as GPS coordinates, altitudes, etc etc.
I just wanted to say thanks a mil for the great maps! We returned last week from a 10 day trip to the Cederberg ... we managed to cover 80 km and your maps were 100% accurate. It was my first time in the Cederberg and your maps made it really easy to navigate our way through the vast terrain. I will definitely be a fan for life :). – Liam Poole
To see further details and download free maps scroll down, and also check the links below.
The maps also detail:
- popular bouldering sites, as well as the complex of fine mountain biking trails around Dwarsrivier/Sanddrif and other locations;
- caves, perennial water, pools, dramatic rock formations and sites of historical importance (but caves that have rock art are not shown except in supervised situations such as the Sevilla Trail);
- the famous Cederberg shalebands, dense vegetation, cedar plantations, prominent rock screes and rockfalls, OVER 12 000 TREES!! etc etc;
- the best places to stay from which your hikes might be launched, with their telephone numbers.
We spent many delightful days enjoying the warm hospitality of the local communities, gathering more than 500 authentic place names which have never appeared on any maps before.
We can proudly claim that these are the best and most definitive hiking maps of the Cederberg ever produced.
If you would like to track the progress of the mapping from inception to printing, and keep in touch with current developments in the Cederberg, visit our blog at http://cederbergmap.blogspot.com. For explanations of names with photographs of many places visit http://cederbergnames.blogspot.com
- A1+ x 2 full colour, double-sided maps [four maps]
- Scale 1:40 000 (2.5cm = 1km)
- 20m contours; relief shading
- 10" Long/Lat grid
- Coords in DDMMSS format at all recognised path junctions
- Contact numbers for accommodation and detailed safety information
- WATERPROOF and TEAR RESISTANT in plastic wallet
- ISBN 978-1-920377-28-1
for visuals of these walks: