4th Edition hiking maps: 2-map set [Latest: 2021]. Scale 1:40 000 [2.5cm = 1km]. LAMINATED: NEW 2021 EDITION. Gift download: 110.3Mb
NOW WITH NEW PATHS AT KROMRIVIER AND TRAVELLERS REST, AS WELL AS INTERACTIVE QR CODES
NOW WITH CASH-SAVING DELIVERY OPTIONS, SEE CHECK OUT
FREE DIGITALS ... when your paper map is ready for dispatch you'll get an email inviting you to download a FREE Zip file with *14 gps tracks for loading on Google Earth, most with photographs and several with SLIDE SHOW; *Minimaps for Beaverlac; Biedouw; Heiveld Arch; Mount Ceder; Wolfberg and the Cracks and Zuurvlakte [Zonderwater]
And your paper maps will be dispatched to you as fast as we can!
Our ‘Hike the Cederberg’ map can also be purchased in a 2 map SPECIAL that includes our touring map of the greater Cederberg area [north to Nieuwoudtville/Loeriesfontein and south to Piketberg/Op-die-Berg]; as well as in our SIX HIKING MAP SPECIAL.
If you prefer to purchase from a Retail Outlet near you, find a stockist HERE
HIKE THE CEDERBERG: There are 2 double‑sided A1-sized maps in the set (i.e. 4 maps in all), covering the entire Cederberg Wilderness and extending north to Wolfdrif and south to Mount Ceder. The maps are laminated in clear, durable plastic and are packaged together in a folding slipcase. The maps are not available separately.
More than a hundred hikers, mountaineers, conservationists and locals have contributed their special knowledge to the project, which has been proudly endorsed by CapeNature. Every single public footpath has been researched on foot, and the maps include distances between path junctions, as well as GPS coordinates, altitudes, etc etc.
I just wanted to say thanks a mil for the great maps! We returned last week from a 10 day trip to the Cederberg ... we managed to cover 80 km and your maps were 100% accurate. It was my first time in the Cederberg and your maps made it really easy to navigate our way through the vast terrain. I will definitely be a fan for life :). – Liam Poole
Our Hike the Cederberg Maps are dedicated to the memory of the late Rudolf Andrag, botanist, raconteur, mountain man, Ceder person: he was ever a fine and worthy friend.
The maps also detail:
- popular bouldering sites, as well as the complex of fine mountain biking trails around Dwarsrivier/Sanddrif and other locations;
- caves, perennial water, pools, dramatic rock formations and sites of historical importance (but caves that have rock art are not shown except in supervised situations such as the Sevilla Trail);
- the famous Cederberg shalebands, dense vegetation, cedar plantations, prominent rock screes and rockfalls, OVER 21 000 TREES!! etc etc;
- the best places to stay from which your hikes might be launched, with their telephone numbers.
We spent many delightful days enjoying the warm hospitality of the local communities, gathering more than 500 authentic place names which have never appeared on any maps before.
We can proudly claim that these are the best and most definitive hiking maps of the Cederberg ever produced.
If you would like to track the progress of the mapping from inception to printing, and keep in touch with current developments in the Cederberg, visit our blog at http://cederbergmap.blogspot.com. For explanations of names with photographs of many places visit http://cederbergnames.blogspot.com
- A1+ x 2 full colour, double-sided maps [four maps]
- Scale 1:40 000 (2.5cm = 1km)
- 20m contours; relief shading
- 10" Long/Lat grid
- Coords in DDMMSS format at all recognised path junctions
- Contact numbers for accommodation and detailed safety information
- LAMINATED in plastic wallet
- ISBN 978-1-920377-48-9
for visuals of these walks:
IMPORTANT NOTES ABOUT DIGITAL GIFTS
1. Our digital maps are effectively snapshots of our paper maps. They are not interactive [enlargement does not reveal greater detail] nor does removing elements, eg title pane, reveal more mapped area. That said, they can be enlarged or reduced to the limits of their resolution [300 dpi] with complete flexibility.
2. iPHONES: We have recently been made aware that some iPhones store picture content in the Cloud, not on the phone, necessitating downloads every time you want to use the map.
3. Please remember our recommendation: that you download your digital purchases to a laptop or other hard drive before transferring them [if required] to a tablet or smartphone.
4. Please note that digital products are NOT RETURNABLE! How could we possibly know whether they have been completely erased from all your devices?
Share this Product
More from this collection
All the information we need for Cederberg adventures - thank you
Simply the best
Love these maps! Appreciate the updated info on which streams are dry since the drought. Looking forward to many happy mountain hours :)
AH04 Hike the Cederberg #3 - 2019