11th Edition touring map: Scales 1:160 000 [6.25cm = 10km] and 1:200 000 [5cm = 10km] WATERPROOF
Our ‘Cederberg Touring’ map can also be purchased in a two map SPECIAL that includes our map ‘Hike the Cederberg’. It is also included in our EIGHT TOURING MAPS Special, our 4 x 4 x 4 HOLIDAY PACKAGE and our THREE BERGS Package. Choose which Special you want for a great discount!
NOTE: These specials are ONLY available for shipping WITHIN South Africa
The CEDERBERG, so other worldly and yet so easily accessible from Cape Town, weaves a particular magic. These mountains are unlike any others in South Africa. The geography can be confusing but with this map you can explore the secret kloofs, ethereal rock art and majestic mountains, experiencing the magic for yourself.
This latest edition of the map now extends northwards to the Hantam and Knersvlakte flower-fields – Vanrhynsdorp, Nieuwoudtville, Loeriesfontein and Calvinia.
One should not visit the area without this map or one might well miss some of the wonderful features of this truly magnificent area. – Ronnie Hazell
Compiled from comprehensive field research – we have driven just about every road and track – this map is an essential companion to any exploration of the area. The conversations we have had with local people – farmers, shepherds, leopard researchers, archaeologists, rock art experts, botanists, climbers and hikers – have given us knowledge and insight into every aspect of this wonderful area. That’s why this map is packed with information and detail.
This is the only detailed tourist map of the Cederberg.
Side one of this double-sided map covers the whole of the Cederberg, from Gifberg in the north to Op die Berg in the south, and includes the towns of Clanwilliam, Citrusdal, Piketberg, Wupperthal, Porterville and Eendekuil.
- The map shows all roads in the area, from National Highways to 4x4 routes.
- The condition of minor roads in wet and dry weather is indicated.
GPS coordinates are marked at every major road junction in DDMM.mm format.
- Mountain biking, horse riding, nature reserves, river rafting, golf and hiking facilities, farm stalls, historic sites, wine estates and many other attractions are carefully plotted.
- Tourism information offices, police stations and all kinds of accommodation from lodges to back packers and campsites are shown with their telephone numbers.
- The boundaries of the Wilderness Area, conservancies, etc are clearly indicated.
An extension of the map northwards to Loeriesfontein, and including Nieuwoudtville, Calvinia, Klawer, and Vanrhynsdorp. The level of detail is the same as Side One but the scale is slightly reduced to enable the map to offer the full sweep of country, from the Knersvlakte to the Hantam and Roggeveld. This is the heart of South Africa’s spring flower wonderland.
A General Reference Map of the West Coast area from the Atlantic Ocean to the Karoo & from Loeriesfontein [north] to Moorreesburg [south], at a scale of 1:1 500 000;
A photographic view of the entire Cederberg mountain range is annotated with the names of all the prominent peaks.
- A1 full colour double-sided map
- side 1: 1:160 000 (6.25cm = 10km)
- side 2: 1:200 000 (5cm = 10km)
- 20m contours; relief shading
- 5' Long/Lat grid
- Coords in DDMMSS format at all road junctions
- Contact numbers for many accommodation establishments
- WATERPROOF and TEAR RESISTANT in plastic sleeve
- ISBN 978-1-920377-25-0