3rd Edition touring map Scale 1:250 000 and 1:100 000
This map can also be purchased as a part of two SPECIALS – our great EIGHT MAPS TOURING Special or our CAPE HOLIDAY Two Map Package.
NOTE: All specials are ONLY available for shipping WITHIN South Africa
This Cape Winelands map is your comprehensive guide to the heart of the wine producing areas of the Western Cape. Here, in the folds of the rugged and scenic Cape Fold Mountains, lie more than 500 beautiful and historic wine estates. The mountains are the key, dictating scenery, soils, micro-climates and access. That's why this map, fully contoured and with height shading to delineate the topography, gives guidance and insight into the area.
I still can't get over how great a map it is. – Angeline
One side of this double-sided map covers the area from Porterville, Tulbagh and Ceres south to Helderberg, Grabouw and from Durbanville and Malmesbury east through Wellington, Paarl, Stellenbosch and Franschhoek to De Doorns, Worcester, Villiersdorp in the east at a scale of 4cm to 10km.
The other side is an enlarged and highly detailed map of the area from historic Zevenwacht near Kuilsrivier in the West to the fertile valley of Villiersdorp in the east. The whole of the Stellenbosch, Franschhoek, Helderberg, Villiersdorp wine growing areas are shown at a scale of 1cm to 1km.
- All roads and tracks ( tar and gravel), private roads, footpaths and trails are shown with accurate mileages between major junctions.
- Full GPS details are shown at every major road-junction in DDMM.mm format.
- Particularly scenic routes are marked with smiley faces
- More than 500 wine estates are marked by name.
- Mountain biking, horse riding, nature reserves, river rafting, golf and hiking facilities, farm stalls, historic sites and many other attractions are carefully plotted.
- Tourism information and all kinds of accommodation from lodges to back packers and campsites are shown.
- A2+ double-sided full colour map
- side 1: 1:250 000 (4cm = 10km)
- side 2: 1:100 000 (1cm = 1km)
- Contours: side one: 100m
- side two: 20m; relief shading
- 1° Long/Lat grid
- Coords in DDMM.mm format at every road-junction
- Gloss Art paper in plastic sleeve
- ISBN 978-1-920377-05-2