5th Edition hiking map [Latest 2021]: Scale 1:20 000 [5cm = 1km] WATERPROOF . Gift Downloads: 29Mb
FREE DIGITALS ... when your paper map is ready for dispatch you'll get an email inviting you to download a FREE Zip file with *Cape Point Walks Info; *Illustrated Walks descriptions from 'Walks with a Fat Dog' and *An annotated street map of Simon's Town!
And your paper maps will be dispatched to you as fast as we can!
NOW WITH CASH-SAVING DELIVERY OPTIONS, SEE CHECK OUT
Our NEW  ‘Cape Point and Simon's Town’ map can also be purchased in a three map SPECIAL . With ‘Table Mountain’ and ‘Silvermine – Hout Bay’, these maps cover the whole Table Mountain National Park and the Hoerikwaggo Trail. You can also get it as part of our SIX HIKING MAP SPECIAL.
NOTE: Both Specials are ONLY available for shipping WITHIN South Africa
If you prefer to purchase from a Retail Outlet near you, go HERE and search for your nearest shop.
“Cape Point and Simon’s Town” is Map Three in our three map series of Table Mountain National Park.
This brand new, fully redrawn and highly detailed map shows all approved paths and include full GPS information for this historically‑fascinating hiking area. The double sided map with Cape Point on one side and Simon’s Town (including Kommetjie, Glencairn, Fish Hoek and Kalk Bay) on the reverse also highlights the Hoerikwaggo Trail.
Astonishingly superb map marking almost everything a hiker would wish to know. Additional historical, topographical and tourist information is a real bonus. Highly recommended! – Marcus Lodwick
To see further details scroll down, and also check the links below.
- The Cape Point side includes the whole Cape Point Nature Reserve: the area south of Miller’s Point and Klaasjagers all the way to Cape Point and the Cape of Good Hope.
- The Simon’s Town side covers the area from Kommetjie to Fish Hoek/Kalk Bay and south to Glencairn, Simon’s Town and Miller’s Point, and west to Red Hill, Scarborough and Witsand.
- All approved paths, with detailed DDMMSS GPS coordinates for major junctions, are clearly marked with distances and approximate times for each path section.
- Five metre contours and delicate colour height shading bring the topography to life. The map includes photos and notes about points of interest, with a fascinating topograph showing distances and directions to major cities around the world.
- ALL NEW in this edition is hydrographic information kindly supplied by the SA Navy. We believe that this is the first time that a detailed South African land map has included information about the sea floor, rocks and wreck hazards offshore.
- Written descriptions of the most popular routes, as well as more detailed information about the Cape Point environment, can be downloaded here FREE in pdf format. You can read the descriptions on screen or print them out.
- Both sides: A1+ full colour maps
- Scale 1:20 000 (5cm = 1km)
- 5m contours; relief shading
- 1km² UTM grid, WGS84;
- 10" Long/Lat grid
- Coords in DDMMSS format at important junctions
- WATERPROOF and TEAR RESISTANT in plastic sleeve
- ISBN 978-920377-42-7
1. Our digital maps are effectively snapshots of our paper maps. They are not interactive [enlargement does not reveal greater detail] nor does removing elements, eg title pane, reveal more mapped area. That said, they can be enlarged or reduced to the limits of their resolution [300 dpi] with complete flexibility.
2. iPHONES: We have recently been made aware that some iPhones store picture content in the Cloud, not on the phone, necessitating downloads every time you want to use the map. Seems that Apple wasn't thinking about the vast areas of the earth with no wifi or phone reception. Work around this by installing a flash memory card in your phone if possible, so that the maps are always immediately available. This problem does not seem to occur on Android and other phones, as far as we know. Any info from users would be very helpful!
3. Please remember our recommendation: that you download your digital purchases to a laptop or other hard drive before transferring them [if required] to a tablet or smartphone.
4. Please note that digital products are NOT RETURNABLE! How could we possibly know whether they have been completely erased from all your devices? Please be fair!
Share this Product
More from this collection
The Slingsby Maps I purchased for the purpose of hiking in the Cape surpassed my expectations. The level of accuracy was very good. They are incredibly informative, packed with so much information and yet they are still easy to read. I would highly recommend investing in these great maps to facilitate many hours of exploring! Regards Ursula de Haas
ordered and delivered in 2 days
AH03 Cape Point and Simon's Town #5 - 2021
If you're hesitating about your purchase of a Slingsby map, don't. Both the service and the maps are an absolute delight. Beautifully drawn with exceptional detail, we took turns going over and savouring the map. It's going to be a valued adventure companion for many years to come.
AH03 Cape Point and Simon's Town #4 - 2014