4th Edition hiking map: Scale 1:20 000 [5cm = 1km] WATERPROOF
Our ‘Cape Point and Simon's Town’ map can also be purchased in a three map SPECIAL that, with ‘Table Mountain’ and ‘Silvermine – Hout Bay’, covers the whole Table Mountain National Park.
NOTE: The three map special is ONLY available for shipping WITHIN South Africa
“Cape Point and Simon’s Town” is Map Three in our three map series of Table Mountain National Park.
This brand new, fully redrawn and highly detailed map shows all approved paths and include full GPS information for this historically‑fascinating hiking area. The double sided map with Cape Point on one side and Simon’s Town (including Kommetjie, Glencairn, Fish Hoek and Kalk Bay) on the reverse also highlights the Hoerikwaggo Trail.
Astonishingly superb map marking almost everything a hiker would wish to know. Additional historical, topographical and tourist information is a real bonus. Highly recommended! – Marcus Lodwick
To see further details scroll down, and also check the links below.
- The Cape Point side includes the whole Cape Point Nature Reserve: the area south of Miller’s Point and Klaasjagers all the way to Cape Point and the Cape of Good Hope.
- The Simon’s Town side covers the area from Kommetjie to Fish Hoek/Kalk Bay and south to Glencairn, Simon’s Town and Miller’s Point, and west to Red Hill, Scarborough and Witsand.
- All approved paths, with detailed DDMMSS GPS coordinates for major junctions, are clearly marked with distances and approximate times for each path section.
- Five metre contours and delicate colour height shading bring the topography to life. The map includes photos and notes about points of interest, with a fascinating topograph showing distances and directions to major cities around the world.
- ALL NEW in this edition is hydrographic information kindly supplied by the SA Navy. We believe that this is the first time that a detailed South African land map has included information about the sea floor, rocks and wreck hazards offshore.
- Written descriptions of the most popular routes, as well as more detailed information about the Cape Point environment, can be downloaded here FREE in pdf format. You can read the descriptions on screen or print them out.
- Both sides: A1+ full colour maps
- Scale 1:20 000 (5cm = 1km)
- 5m contours; relief shading
- 1km² UTM grid, WGS84;
- 10" Long/Lat grid
- Coords in DDMMSS format at important junctions
- WATERPROOF and TEAR RESISTANT in plastic sleeve
- ISBN 978-920377-24-3