AVAILABLE WORLDWIDE: Files are sent to you ANYWHERE
Read the book, look at the photos, study the maps on a Smart Phone or Tablet ... online or offline!
NOTE: We recommend that zip files be downloaded to a PC or laptop, NOT directly to a phone or tablet. After unzipping, copy files to your Camera Gallery
THIS DIGITAL BOOK IS NOW AVAILABLE IN DISCOUNTED SPECIAL SETS: SEE NEXT PAGE OF DIGITAL PRODUCTS
The Agter-Pakhuis area, literally BEYOND THE CEDERBERG, is an area that has always attracted and fascinated us. It has the best rock art in the world and the spring flowers are as good as Namaqualand’s. We wrote this small book in celebration of the area. It is a comprehensive guide to the district, its people, its facilities and its attractions for tourists, with a couple of legends and ghost stories thrown in.
Written by Peter Slingsby and Ed Coombe, published in 2001 - originally an A5 paperback.
The book is out of print, but by popular demand we've made it available in pdf format. You can read the text on screen, or print it out – exactly as it appeared in the book, with the same sketches intact.
WHAT'S MORE ... the files also include several printable maps of walks in the area, and fourteen TrueType fonts of the world-famous Rock Art that is found here.
AND... as if that is not enough, there are 320 high-res copyright-free photos of flowers, scenes and features of the area!!!
The files in pdf, jpg and ttf format are uploaded as a single Zip file. PLEASE BE PATIENT; LARGE FILES TAKE TIME TO LOAD. Download size: 426Mb
After you have made your checkout payment [or we've received your POP for your EFT], you'll get an automatic email with download instructions. Simple as that! [but be aware that some files are large, so allow plenty of time for the download!]. When you have unzipped the file you might find a file 'passwords.txt' in the map folder – this contains the passwords you must enter for some products to open your pdf files. The jpg files are not password protected.
You will be allowed a maximum of two downloads per product [Zip file] purchased.
IMPORTANT NOTES ABOUT DIGITAL MAPS
1. Our digital maps are effectively snapshots of our paper maps. They are not interactive [enlargement does not reveal greater detail] nor does removing elements, eg title pane, reveal more mapped area. That said, they can be enlarged or reduced to the limits of their resolution [300 dpi] with complete flexibility.
2. Both PDF and JPG versions are provided in the ZIP file. PDF versions are generally password and print protected. These are high resolution maps and are thus copyright protected to prevent unauthorised commercial reproduction. We recommend the use of JPGs on smart phones, so you don't have to enter the password every time you want to use the map.
3. PLEASE NOTE that the relevant passwords are included in a 'passwords' file in the ZIP.
4. iPHONES: We have recently been made aware that some iPhones store picture content in the Cloud, not on the phone, necessitating downloads every time you want to use the map. Seems that Apple wasn't thinking about the vast areas of the earth with no wifi or phone reception. Work around this by installing a flash memory card in your phone if possible, so that the maps are always immediately available. This problem does not seem to occur on Android and other phones, as far as we know. Any info from users would be very helpful!
5. Please remember our recommendation: that you download your digital purchases to a laptop or other hard drive before transferring them [if required] to a tablet or smartphone.
6. Please note that digital products are NOT RETURNABLE! How could we possibly know whether they have been completely erased from all your devices? Please be fair!