11th Edition touring map [Latest 2022], Laminated Edition. Scale 1:160 000 [6.25cm = 10km]. Gift download size: 14.5Mb
FREE DIGITALS ... when your paper map is ready for dispatch you'll get an email inviting you to download a FREE Zip file with THREE printable minimaps and a brilliant sketch of the famous Garden Route bridges! - A4-sized town maps of George, Knysna and Plettenberg Bay ...
NOW WITH CASH-SAVING DELIVERY OPTIONS, SEE CHECK OUT
Brand new 11th edition of the FIRST and still the BEST Garden Route map ...
Now thoroughly updated. From Witsand and Heidelberg in the west, this ALL NEW map has been extended eastwards through Mossel Bay, George, Knysna and Plett to include JEFFERYS BAY and the GAMTOOS RIVER MOUTH – with fully updated Tourism info AND a greatly improved scale!
This map can also be purchased as a part of two SPECIALS – our great COMPLETE TOURING MAPS Special or our SOUTH COAST Holiday Package.
NOTE: All specials are ONLY available for shipping WITHIN South Africa
If you prefer to purchase from a Retail Outlet near you, go HERE and search for your nearest shop.
The Garden Route is so much more than a scenic national road. Explore the intriguing winding side roads and you'll discover places with names like Whiskey Creek, De Vlugt, Phantom Pass and Noetzie. In these little known by ways you can find old goldmines, traces of elephants, magical forest walks, castles on beaches, old passes and ...
To look at Peter Slingsby's maps is to want to go there. The detail and accuracy of this updated, double-sided map is impressive. Good value -- good, accurate stuff. – Caroline Voget, Veld & Flora
Our Garden Route map is dedicated to the memory of the late David Donald, educator, author, beekeeper, erudite man of distinction and, above all, my close friend for fifty years.
This is a relief-shaded double sided map covering the whole of the Western Cape's official Garden Route Tourism Region, from Heidelberg in the west to Jeffery's Bay in the east. It includes the Tsitsikamma and Outeniqua Mountains and the Langkloof to the north of them.
This is the most comprehensive, fully researched and detailed map of the Garden Route ever published.
- All roads, from National Highways to minor dirt roads and footpaths, with distances clearly marked;
- Full GPS coordinates in DD MM SS format for all road junctions;
- A range of some 30 different types of attractions are detailed on the map, from farm stalls, abseiling, horse riding and golf courses to game viewing, botanical gardens and historical sites and many accommodation establishments,especially those out of towns
- A1+ double-sided full colour map
- 1:160 000 (6.25cm = 10km)
- Full relief shading
- 5-minute Long/Lat grid
- Coords in DD MM SS format at every road-junction
- Waterproof paper in plastic sleeve
- ISBN 978-1-920377-47-2
IMPORTANT NOTES ABOUT DIGITAL GIFTS
1. Our digital maps are effectively snapshots of our paper maps. They are not interactive [enlargement does not reveal greater detail] nor does removing elements, eg title pane, reveal more mapped area. That said, they can be enlarged or reduced to the limits of their resolution [300 dpi] with complete flexibility.
2. iPHONES: We have recently been made aware that some iPhones store picture content in the Cloud, not on the phone, necessitating downloads every time you want to use the map. Seems that Apple wasn't thinking about the vast areas of the earth with no wifi or phone reception. Work around this by installing a flash memory card in your phone if possible, so that the maps are always immediately available. This problem does not seem to occur on Android and other phones, as far as we know. Any info from users would be very helpful!
3. Please remember our recommendation: that you download your digital purchases to a laptop or other hard drive before transferring them [if required] to a tablet or smartphone.
4. Please note that digital products are NOT RETURNABLE! How could we possibly know whether they have been completely erased from all your devices? Please be fair!
Share this Product
More from this collection
I'm using Slingsby maps for many years now. There are no better maps for the areas covered by there maps. They also deliver the maps quickly when you order.
These are the best you can get, throw the other rubbish away and tell Google maps to go and shove it . Thank you Slingsby
This excellent detailed and well designed map will enhance any visit along this route through the clear provision and presentation of all of the most required information (including numerous GPS coordinates) for enjoyable and well-informed navigation along this stunning route
This newest map of the Garden Route gives the traveller all the detail that is needed to plan a wonderful trip, tour or vacation in that part of South Africa. It includes lots of GPS coordinates to navigate easily and is printed on a very high quality waterproof paper. I have previous editions of the Garden Route map, too, but this one is clearly an update worthwhile to possess.
The most comprehensive, trustworthy, readable maps available on the market. Printed on high quality, water resistant paper. A must have for every serious road traveller op South Africa.