15th Edition touring map: Scales 1:160 000 [6.25cm = 10km] and 1:200 000 [5cm = 10km] LAMINATED Gift downloads: 93.3Mb
NEW 15TH EDITION
Fully revised and now with scannable QR codes that open up masses of online info!
FREE DIGITALS - when your paper map is ready for dispatch you'll get an email inviting you to download a FREE Zip file with *5 jpg minimaps (Algeria day walks; Dwarsrivier/Sanddrif walks; Heuningvlei Trail; Heuningvlei village; Kromrivier Walks; Lorraine Walks) plus 2 slide shows (Heuningvlei Donkey Trail, Sas se Kloof Day Walk) plus SEVILLA ROCK ART TRAIL pamphlet & map!
And your paper maps will be dispatched to you as fast as we can!
NOW WITH CASH-SAVING DELIVERY OPTIONS, SEE CHECK OUT
Our ‘Cederberg Touring’ map can also be purchased in a 2 map SPECIAL that includes our map ‘Hike the Cederberg’. It is also included in our COMPLETE TOURING MAPS Special, our 5 x 4 x 4 HOLIDAY PACKAGE , our THREE BERGS Package and our SECRET CAPE Special. Choose which Special you want for a great discount!
If you prefer to purchase from a Retail Outlet, you can find a stockist HERE
The CEDERBERG, so other worldly and yet so easily accessible from Cape Town, weaves a particular magic. These mountains are unlike any others in South Africa. The geography can be confusing but with this map you can explore the secret kloofs, ethereal rock art and majestic mountains, experiencing the magic for yourself.
This latest edition of the map now extends northwards to the Hantam and Knersvlakte flower-fields – Vanrhynsdorp, Nieuwoudtville, Loeriesfontein and Calvinia.
Compiled from comprehensive field research – we have driven just about every road and track – this map is an essential companion to any exploration of the area. The conversations we have had with local people – farmers, shepherds, leopard researchers, archaeologists, rock art experts, botanists, climbers and hikers – have given us knowledge and insight into every aspect of this wonderful area. That’s why this map is packed with information and detail.
This is the only detailed tourist map of the Cederberg.
Side 1 of this double-sided map covers the whole of the Cederberg, from Gifberg in the north to Op die Berg in the south, and includes the towns of Clanwilliam, Citrusdal, Piketberg, Wupperthal, Porterville and Eendekuil.
- The map shows all roads in the area, from National Highways to 4x4 routes.
- The condition of minor roads in wet and dry weather is indicated.
GPS coordinates are marked at every major road junction in DDMM.mm format.
- Mountain biking, horse riding, nature reserves, river rafting, golf and hiking facilities, farm stalls, historic sites, wine estates and many other attractions are carefully plotted.
- Tourism information offices, police stations and all kinds of accommodation from lodges to back packers and campsites are shown with their telephone numbers.
- The boundaries of the Wilderness Area, conservancies etc are clearly indicated.
An extension of the map northwards to Loeriesfontein, and including Nieuwoudtville, Calvinia, Klawer, and Vanrhynsdorp. The level of detail is the same as Side 1 but the scale is slightly reduced to enable the map to offer the full sweep of country, from the Knersvlakte to the Hantam and Roggeveld. This is the heart of South Africa’s spring flower wonderland.
A General Reference Map of the West Coast area from the Atlantic Ocean to the Karoo & from Loeriesfontein [north] to Moorreesburg [south], at a scale of 1:1 500 000;
A photographic view of the entire Cederberg mountain range is annotated with the names of all the prominent peaks.
- A1 full colour double-sided map
- side 1: 1:160 000 (6.25cm = 10km)
- side 2: 1:200 000 (5cm = 10km)
- 20m contours; relief shading
- 5' Long/Lat grid
- Coords in DDMMSS format at all road junctions
- Contact numbers for many accommodation establishments
- LAMINATED and TEAR RESISTANT in plastic sleeve
- ISBN 978-1-920377-44-1
IMPORTANT NOTES ABOUT DIGITAL GIFTS
1. Our digital maps are effectively snapshots of our paper maps. They are not interactive [enlargement does not reveal greater detail] nor does removing elements, eg title pane, reveal more mapped area. That said, they can be enlarged or reduced to the limits of their resolution [300 dpi] with complete flexibility.
2. iPHONES: We have recently been made aware that some iPhones store picture content in the Cloud, not on the phone, necessitating downloads every time you want to use the map.
3. Please remember our recommendation: that you download your digital purchases to a laptop or other hard drive before transferring them [if required] to a tablet or smartphone.
4. Please note that digital products are NOT RETURNABLE! How could we possibly know whether they have been completely erased from all your devices?
Share this Product
More from this collection
These maps have so much useful information about all the routes and the usual conditions as well as things to be found along these routes that it opens up a whole new world.
This is a real high-quality map with lots of detail captured, including contact numbers and even GPS-coordinates to ease navigation while planning a route or tour or already on one`s way to the next destination. The map includes towns like Citrusdal, Clanwilliam, Klawer, Van Rhynsdorp, Nieuwoudtville, Calvinia, Wupperthal and Piketberg and has a quick reference map on the one side to even surrounding areas and the Hantam Flower fields.
This is a map which can be used over and over again and absolutely worth the while!
Sturdy laminated map with so much helpful information about distances, sights to see and facilities. Love the stories and links too. Can’t wait to explore area.
Hi, love the map. Will be touring cederberg in February 2022.
I love my Slingsby maps. I spend hours looking at them planning my next trip. Thanks for such awesome maps