5th Edition hiking map [Latest 2017]: Scale 1:20 000 [5cm = 1km] WATERPROOF :: ALL-NEW POST FIRE EDITION. Gift Downloads: 34Mb
FREE DIGITALS ... when your paper map is ready for dispatch you'll get an email inviting you to download a FREE Zip file with *Silvermine Walks Info; *Three jpg minimaps; and *SIX Walks descriptions from 'Walks with a Fat Dog'! And your paper maps will be dispatched to you as fast as we can!
NOW WITH CASH-SAVING DELIVERY OPTIONS, SEE CHECK OUT
Our ‘Silvermine & Hout Bay’ map can also be purchased in a three map SPECIAL that, with ‘Table Mountain’ and ‘Cape Point – Simon’s Town’, covers the whole Table Mountain National Park with the Hoerikwaggo Trail; and also our SIX HIKING MAP SPECIAL.
NOTE: Both Specials are ONLY available for shipping WITHIN South Africa
If you prefer to purchase from a Retail Outlet near you, go HERE and search for your nearest shop.
“Silvermine and Hout Bay” is the double-sided Map Two in our three map series of the Table Mountain National Park.
Now with DEM relief shading and a great new cover pic by Geoff Spiby, this post-fire edition includes all the latest changes to the area. The highly detailed maps show all approved paths and include full GPS information; with Silvermine on one side and Hout Bay and Constantiaberg on the reverse, and includes the Hoerikwaggo Trail.
Paul and I spend lots of Sundays walking in Silvermine, accompanied by Peter Slingsby. Actually, it was one of his amazing maps, not the real him, but his maps are so saturated with his humour and his dedication to mapping in close and useful detail every trail and path on Table Mountain and the Peninsula, it might as well be him walking along next to you, pointing things out along the way. – Heather Moore & Paul Edmunds
This edition is dedicated to the memory of our very dear friend, Jeanne Ward, the first woman to climb the Maltese Cross, and who hiked regularly in the Silvermine area.
To see further details and download free maps scroll down – and also check the links below.
- The Silvermine side covers the Silvermine Reserve and the area from Constantiaberg to Tokai, Zandvlei, Kalkbay, the Fish Hoek valley, Ou Kaapseweg and Noordhoek/Chapman’s Peak.
- The Hout Bay side includes Hout Bay itself, Karbonkelberg, Llandudno, Constantia Nek and south to the Silvermine Reservoir. The map also includes the Constantia Winelands.
- All sections of the Hoerikwaggo Trail are shown. All approved paths, with detailed DDMMSS GPS coordinates for major junctions, are clearly marked with distances and approximate times for each path section. 10 metre contours and delicate colour height shading bring the topography to life.
- Both sides: A2+ full colour maps
- Scale 1:20 000 (5cm = 1km)
- 10m contours; relief shading
- 200m² UTM grid, WGS84
- 10" Long/Lat grid
- Coords in DDMMSS format at important junctions
- WATERPROOF and TEAR RESISTANT in plastic sleeve
- ISBN 978-1-920377-29-8
IMPORTANT NOTES ABOUT DIGITAL GIFTS
1. Our digital maps are effectively snapshots of our paper maps. They are not interactive [enlargement does not reveal greater detail] nor does removing elements, eg title pane, reveal more mapped area. That said, they can be enlarged or reduced to the limits of their resolution [300 dpi] with complete flexibility.
2. iPHONES: We have recently been made aware that some iPhones store picture content in the Cloud, not on the phone, necessitating downloads every time you want to use the map. Seems that Apple wasn't thinking about the vast areas of the earth with no wifi or phone reception. Work around this by installing a flash memory card in your phone if possible, so that the maps are always immediately available. This problem does not seem to occur on Android and other phones, as far as we know. Any info from users would be very helpful!
3. Please remember our recommendation: that you download your digital purchases to a laptop or other hard drive before transferring them [if required] to a tablet or smartphone.
4. Please note that digital products are NOT RETURNABLE! How could we possibly know whether they have been completely erased from all your devices? Please be fair!
Share this Product
More from this collection
It is wonderful to have replaced our tattered, well used 2003 edition with a pristine up-to-date map. I gave it to my husband as a Valentine's Day gift, and we used it the very same day to traverse from Constantia to Hout Bay via Vlakkenberg and Skoorsteenberg: a wonderful new route for us, and my husband's Valentine's gift to me! Talk about travelling the same path together! :) I would however like to point out that the footpath leading southwards from the Vlakkenberg Beacon no longer exists.
The map is exactly what one expects from a Slingsby, which is great. The process of ordering and receiving it was seamless, friendly, fast and exceeded my expectations. I see this as exceptional value - a feel-good purchase.
AH02 Silvermine & Hout Bay #5 - 2017
Your maps are the absolute perfect guides for us hikers new to the CT area. Thanks a ton for the swift delivery too
Excellent level of detail. Looking forward to using it!