6th Edition touring map: Scale 1:250 000 [4cm = 10km] WATERPROOF
This map can also be purchased in our COMPLETE TOURING MAPS Special, our SOUTH COAST HOLIDAY PACKAGE and our THREE BERGS Package. Choose which Special you want for a great discount!
NOTE: These specials are ONLY available for shipping WITHIN South Africa
If you prefer to purchase from a Retail Outlet near you, go HERE and search for your nearest shop.
The Overberg is one of the premier tourist regions of South Africa. Here the Cape Fold Mountains march eastward from Sir Lowry's Pass, a rugged backdrop to this old Cape landscape of farmsteads, gravel passes and unspoiled views. Delightful towns await you – historic Swellendam, McGregor and the wine farms of the Bonnievale valley, Hermanus and the fishing villages beyond. Missions, beaches littered with shipwreck sites, whales trolling the surf -- all kinds of wonders await you!
If only we could clone Peter Slingsby and plant one of him in every province, we would know so much more about our country ... his Overberg map is chock-a-block with information. A classy touch is Slingsby’s smiley-face rating of byways on the main map, with a smile for enjoyable routes ... -- Jeanne van der Merwe, Go!
Go! also says: All touring maps should be this good.
This is the most comprehensive map of the Overberg ever published, and is the only detailed tourist map of the area currently in print.
This double sided A1, full-relief map covers the whole of the official Overberg Tourism Region. The main map extends from Somerset West along the coast to Cape Hangklip, Hermanus thence to Cape Agulhas and on eastwards to Port Beaufort/Witsand and the Breede River, then north to Heidelberg, Barrydale and Montagu. From Robertson the map extends west to Villiersdorp and back to Stellenbosch.
The reverse side of the map includes enlarged inset maps of 24 of the larger towns in the region, at the greatly-enlarged scale of 1:25 000, or 4cm to the kilometre. These beautifully-drawn street maps are based on the latest available information. All roads from National Highways to minor gravel roads, with distances are shown;
- Full GPS coordinates in DD MM SS format for all road junctions;
Smileys indicate the most scenic routes;
- 30+ different types of attractions from farm stalls, abseiling, horse riding and golf courses to game viewing, botanical gardens and historical sites;
- Many accommodation establishments, especially those out of towns;
- The best whale-watching sites, over 200 shipwreck sites;
- A unique key to the meanings of Khoisan place names.
- A1 double-sided full colour map
- Main map: 1:250 000 (4cm = 10km)
- Inset maps: 1:25 000 (4cm = 1km)
- 100m contours; relief shading
- 5' Long/Lat grid
- Coords in DDMM.SS format at every road-junction
- Waterproof Duraflex paper in plastic sleeve
- ISBN 978-1-920377-27-4